This weekend was hard. I don’t know why. I walked 12 on Saturday and 7 on sunday. I got blisters for the first time on sunday . I was intensely cranky on Saturday .
things that I am guessing were part of the problem
1) I did not sleep well on friday
2) on Saturday I did not get to go my planned route ( there was a body in the river ) so I had to walk back past my house in order hit 12 miles ( I had hoped for 14) .
3) it was a spare the air week – and even though it was officially over , I think the effects linger
4) on sunday the trail breeze was minimal.
5) my feet felt tender after sunday I think that means new socks.
6) I had stuff going on that didn’t want to miss saturday night and sunday afternoon.
7) not sure I had the right food saturday
Now I did the walking, but there are a few things I think I need to do :
Walk more 6 to 8 mile walks – time wise that means 90 to 120 minutes of brisk walking maybe up to 180 at a slow pace ( for 8 miles)
right now a nap sounds better
One I forgot from May
Throat by R. A. Nelson Review here
by the time you read this I’ll be dead Julie Anne Peters about a girl who tried to commit suicide, and is determined to do it right this time. Actually , pretty good.
Cloaked by Alex Finn frog prince and other fairy tales – all mixed together in the modern world. review here
Ripple effect by Paul McCusker I wanted to really like this book – time travel ,parallel universes, etc . The Characters were flat, dull and I didn’t really get a picture of the two different worlds. After I finished it, I flipped the book over and saw that the author is a member of Focus on the Family. So I think this was supposed to be christian fiction. I couldn’t tell from the book. It was just bad.
Glass Houses Rachel Caine – super smart girl goes to college early , in a town run by vampires
so 5 for June so far — but only Glass Houses ended up on my 50 hours
Cyborg by the Mckissack good follow up – need the thrid now
The Marbury Lens by Andrew Smith ok I never finished it, just couldn’t
Playing with Fire, Faceless One by Derek Landry books 2 and 3 of Skullduggery Pleasant
Bleeding Violet Dia Reeves – horror, couldn’t put it down, but can’t tell you if it was a good book
so only 4 in may , 6 in April, 8 in March, 5 in feburary, 11 in january. June should be different because I am join the teen summer reading game and need to get in 50 hours of reading between June 13th and aug 13th. I can’t really afford to get stuck on a book I can’t read.