Exactly one month from my 50th Birthday. I was reminded of this yesterday. It is interesting , because it does not feel particularly significant. When I was a kid, I though 50 was old, but I am long past that now. The most significant thing about this age seems to be that I have friends that are 30+ years older and 30+ years younger.
It is however, a zero birthday – so a good time to reflect. and a good time to think about where I want to go.
There isn’t a lot I want to change. I have a job a like, a great husband. I live in a great neighborhood and a beautiful place. I have a lot of friends of all kinds. I have more fun. Despite diabetes and asthma – I’m in good health. I stick to plans , but I can flex more than before.
So which way is forward?
Goal 3 reached – 20 points of exercise. Dvd of avengers ordered.
Now to come up with the next level…
So far I am thinking 40 points — 15 min of exercise gives me a point – an extra point earned every time I get 3 days in a row. But I am not sure what the reward should be…
This article came out in the SFGate. Calling Fremont soulless. Now, I’m not sure what that means, it really isn’t a language I speak. Maybe what people mean is that there isn’t an easily identifiable character. And that is something I can agree with.
Now, I think Fremont could be better. I would love to see more bikeways and more pedestrian friendly areas. I would love to see more unique shops and restaurants. ( and I want a full bookstore back) In fact , I think Fremont is uniquely set up for small niche markets. We have an amazingly diverse population and there is a good amount of money here. And I think that should be the plan. If you want to open a business here – think starting small, with a plan of what group of the Fremont population you want to attract.
Here is my vision of the lower floors of some of these new places growing up in Fremont.
1) a wine bar- start small limited selections – – with a cheese plate, charcuterie (sp?) , and some good bread. As you grow, your client will give you ideas of how to grow.
2) a Coffee house. Not a chain , but a place where people sit and enjoy a well brewed cup of coffee.
3) a juice bar. We have a lot of people of all ages that are concerned with health. and healthy eating. Not a chain, not brightly lit.
4) a tea house. Some[place that understands the brewing of tea – and the creation of infusions
6) a grilled cheese sandwich shop – seriously I think Fremont can support it. ( vegetarians, college students , young families and me…)
– a common area for these shops – where people can sit with their drinks and snacks, only accessible by coming through th shop. (I know Fremont)
Will Fremont, every be a place with a ‘soul’? Well, it already has many ‘souls’. If you look , you’ll see them. It will probably never have one unique identity, but I think that is what keeps Fremont interesting.
harry Potter and the Sorcers stone ( my book) – rereading in the winter is important.
Confessions of a murder suspect james patterson (LB) good ,if completely unbeliveable. I’m afraid it will go like his other teen series – on too long without really going anywhere. But notice how many of his books I read.
Divergent (LB) Veronica Roth review here
Gooseberry Bluff community college of magic David Schwartz(KS)New concept – buy a serail book from amazon – wait for each part to show up . I was less than thrilled to come to the end of the first installment
Blackout Mira Grant ( MY book ) third in the newsflesh series. Excellent finish
to have and to code Debra Geary ( KB ) one more book abotu witch central
so 6 more that is 10 so far for the year